Nominations for the Age of Excellence
awards are now open through REAL Services
. As stated on their site - "Our purpose is to recognize those individuals who quietly support their loved ones and their communities through daily acts of kindness, compassion and selflessness. They remind us in the most fundamental way, what is most meaningful in life. They remind us that we are truly serving a higher purpose when we serve our fellow man."
Eligibility - Each award category is different and each has its own guidelines for eligibility. Nominees must work or live in Elkhart, Kosciusko, LaPorte, Marshall or St. Joseph Counties, or provide care to persons residing in those counties. (Indiana)
Deadline for nominations - April 11, 2013 at 4pm. The awards presentation will take place on May 16, 2013 in South Bend, Indiana. The keynote speaker is scheduled to be singer and songwriter, Amy Grant.
Nominations can be made online here
or by mail via this form
(opens as a PDF).
Nomination Categories -
- Business of the Year: A care giving agency or business that displays a commitment to the elderly.
- Caregiver of the Year for an Older Adult (60+): An individual who unselfishly provides unpaid care to someone who is 60 years of age or older.
- Caregiver of the Year for the Disabled (0-59): An individual who unselfishly provides unpaid care to someone who is less than 60 years of age.
- Education Award: A student, classroom (Kindergarten through College), teacher or school administrator that has displayed an understanding of the value of older adults.
- Hoosier Lifetime Award (over 60): An individual, 60 years of age or older, who has demonstrated a lifetime of service to his or her community (paid or unpaid).
- Professional of the Year: An individual who, throughout their career, has provided dedicated service to older adults. (ex: nurse, police officer, home health aide, doctor, etc.)
- Kimble Volunteer of the Year: An individual, 60 years of age or older, who has displayed a commitment to volunteerism in service to the elderly.
- Volunteer of the Year (under 60): An individual, under 60 years of age, who has displayed a commitment to volunteerism in service to the elderly.
- Volunteer Group of the Year: A group of volunteers, who has displayed a commitment to volunteerism in service to the elderly.
Contact information for REAL Services can be found at the above links if you have any questions.
As always, contact
Simmons Healthcare Consulting, LLC, with any questions, concerns, or needs related to your Quality of Life (Social Service, Activities, QMRP) departments.